In the morning meet and greet your guide and travel companions in the lobby of the hotel / airport. Drive to Postojna, where we enter the famous underground world of the Postojna Cave. The cave attracts numerous tourists on a daily basis with its beautiful stalagmites, stalactites, “curtains” and other phenomena caused by water flowing through the limestone, as well as for it being home to the renowned “human fish''. High on the wall, only 9 kilometers from Postojna Cave stands Predjama Castle. A beautiful, powerful, defiant, mysterious castle that couldn’t be conquered. It has reigned for over 800 years high on the rock. The Guinness Book of World Records recorded it as the largest cave castle in the world. After castle’s visit we return to Ljubljana. We 'll explore the city centre of Ljubljana. The old city centre has a unique architectural appearance, particularly due to its mixture of Baroque and Art Nouveau architecture with masterful creations by the 20th century architect Jože Plečnik. The funicular will take us to the Castle of Ljubljana situated above the town. Time to admire the magnificent view, which on a sunny day stretches all the way to the Alps. We suggest ending the day with a boat cruise on the Ljubljanica River. Overnight stay.
One Week In Slovenia
- Family tour
- Open tour
- Sightseeing tour
- Educational tour
- Private & Custom tour
Postojna Cave in all its beauty and majesty provides an experience that will long be remembered! Take an unforgettable ride on Postojna Cave's underground train and experience a fascinating subterranean paradise shaped by tiny droplets over millions of years. Feel the charm of the magical Alpine lake of Bled, renowned for a medieval castle perched on a cliff above the lake and an iconic view on the Bled island. Ljubljana is a people-friendly city. A medium-sized European city that offers everything a metropolis does yet preserves its small-town friendliness. The Lipica Stud Farm is one of the oldest stud farms in the world and it represents the origin of the Lipizzan horse. Piran with its rich cultural heritage resembles a large open-air museum with medieval architecture. Narrow streets and compact houses give the town its unique charm. Goriška brda, also know as Slovenian Tuscany is a fairy tale landscape, nested halfway between the Alps and the Adriatic Sea, with abundance of beauties, attractions and experiences. The villages are mostly surrounded by the greenery of vineyards and orchards with roads, track and paths winding among them. Here on this green piece of the earth, the world-famous wines are produced. One of the most beautiful rivers in Europe, the Soča is an important natural treasure in the Triglav National Park. It is famous for its deep emerald colour and brisk rapids in the upstream area. Celje is a city of experiences. It is like a magnet that draws and attracts with ancient stories, myths and legends. It takes you places where the impact of our ancestors can be felt. You will be able to learn all about the hops-growing traditions in Savinja region and enjoy an exquisite beer tasting at the first beer fountain in the world. Explpre the green hills of Pohorje on one side and picturesque wine hills on the other side lies Maribor with the Guinness Book-certified oldest grapevine in the World and the oldest Slovenian town Ptuj.
Prekmurje is geographically and to an extent culturally distinct from the rest of the country, with a strong Hungarian influence and some of the best cuisine in the country. It maintains certain specific linguistic, cultural and religious features that differentiate it from other Slovenian traditional regions. It consists mostly of tranquil flat agricultural land dotted with pretty villages, vineyards and churches and it is far from boring! From the last working floating mills on the Mura River to a state-of-the-art winery, this rural, lesser-travelled district throws up plenty of surprises.
Type of tour: 8 day's sightseeing tour
Duration : 8 days – 7 night's minimum
Departure and time: on Request
Best time for trip: all Year
Number of persons: 8 persons or less
- The Queen of the Underground World – Postojna Cave
- Meet the Baby Dragons - Olms
- Take a ride on an electric train into the heart of the cave
- Visit the mysterious Predjama Castle
- Wander through the spectacular cliffs in Vintgar Gorge
- Visit the ancient Bled Castle
- Stroll on the banks of the iconic Bled Lake
- Bohinj, the largest glacial lake in Slovenia, inside Triglav National Park
- Walking tour of the charming old city centre
- The Funicular to the Castle of Ljubljana
- Masterful creations by architect Jože Plečnik
- Visit the home of the Lipizzan breed and discover its unique history
- Explore gorgeous seaside town Piran
- Tasting of Karst dry-cured ham ‘’pršut’’
- Visit the Sečovlje Salt Pans
- Wine tasting of excellent local wines
- Tolmin Gorges - a loop trail past stony peaks, a thermal spring, waterfalls, and rock formations
- The emerald river Soča – one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe
- Enjoy a spectacular view from Friderick’s tower
- Cheers with beer at Beer Fountain in Žalec, first beer fountain in the world
- Feed the deer in Jelenov Greben Farm
- Visit the oldest town in Slovenia – Ptuj
- The attractive city of Maribor with lovely architecture of Maribor and the river Drava
- A Guiness Book-certified oldest grapevine in the world
- Green forests of the Pohorje hills
- See landscapes of 4 different countries at once on Watchtower Vinarium Lendava
- Stop at Ocean Orchids and step in a piece of the tropical rainforest
- Get to know pottery in Filovci
- See the Passero estate and everything they offer
- ''bograč'' goulash at local restaurant
- Try Prekmurska Gibanica, a native layered pastry, that has achieved the status of a national specialty of Slovenia
- Visit famous Plečnik church in Bogojina
- See Babič Mill on the Mura River, the only facility of its kind in Slovenia still operating today
- Visit Island of Love Mill and see natural beauty that goes hand in hand with human touch
Know before you go:
- When booking you will recive a confirmation in 24h
- There is a possibility that your group will be joined with other groups at some attractions (Postojna cave tour etc....)
- This is an Open tour - meaning that there can also be other people on the same tour (not more than 8 per group)
- If you would like to make this tour private just for you and your family, friends, buissiness you can choose this option when finishing booking, by choosing an extra: Make this tour my private tour. (meaning that there will not be anybody else joining on the daily trips)
- Guide or our office will contact you for all the details, regarding your arrivall (pick- point and time) and departure.
- Airport transfers are not included in the package, but you can add them as an extra on your booking
- Our small group/Private tours, reach max. 8 people.
- Transportation vehicle for group up to 3 people will be a family friendly car, if more you will be transported by Van for up to 8 passangers.
- Infants need to be seated in their own seats (they will be provided one if needed)
- Minimum number of people rule applies for this tour. In case that requirements are not met, we will cancel the tour and refound your payment
- In case of a bad weather we hold the right to adjust the program so that you will be able to have a better experience
- Vintgar Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until April. In period from November to April we do not visit Vintgar Gorges but spend more time in some other place.
- Regardless what time of the year it is, you should have a warm jacket with you when entering Postojna Cave.
- At both, Postojna cave and Predjama castle, you will have to conquer quite a few stairs.
- Your physical activity should be at the modarate level
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- The program (tasting and meals) could be adjusted due to client’s nutrition requirements.
- We hold the right to change the plan of the tour (meaning that there is an option for us to switch between friday and saturday day trips etc..)
- Best time for this trip is from April to end of october
- Tolmin Gorges are closed from the beginning of November until the end of March. If you travel in this period we will spent the time scheduled for this visit in other places
- Kozjak Waterfall is closed from the beginin gof November until the 16. of May.
- Eco-Museum of Hop-Growing and Brewing Industry is closed on Mondays, Sundays and National Holidays.
- Roman Necropolis and Beer Fountain are closed from beginning of November until the end of March.
- Vintgar Gorge is open from the end of April/beginning of May until the end of October/beginning of November (due to weather conditions)
- Beer fountain is closed from the end of october to begining of May. If you travel in this period we will spent more time in other location or visit a local brewery
POSTOJNA CAVE – PREDJAMA CASTLE AND LJUBLJANA
VINTGAR GORGE – LAKE BLED – BLED CASTLE - BOHINJ
Morning pick up at the hotel. Our journey will take us to the Vintgar Gorge. The 1.6km long Vintgar Gorge carves its way through the vertical rocks of the Hom and Bort hills, and is graced by the Radovna with its waterfalls, pools and rapids. The path, leading over bridges and Žumer’s galleries, ends with a bridge overlooking the mighty 16m high Šum waterfall. Due to its natural beauty, Vintgar was classified as one of more important tourist sites in Slovenia, and the number of visitors increases every year. After a walk through the gorge and back, we stop at Bled. We can visit the historical Bled Castle (supplement), which offers a great view of the lake as well as the town itself. After there will be some free time to take a ride on a pedal boat “Pletna” (supplement) to the island in the middle of the lake, where you can make a wish while ringing the church bell. Once in Bled, take time to have a cup of coffee in one of the local bars accompanied by the famous Bled cake “kremšnita” (cream cake) while enjoying the view of the lake. After the walk through Bled, we drive to Bohinj, a town located in the Bohinj basin, a 20km long and 5km wide area in the heart of the Julian Alps in the Triglav National Park. Its main feature is the preglacial Bohinj Lake. Time for picnic in beautiful nature. We offer you a choice of a half-hour hike uphill through the woods to the scenic Savica Waterfall or a cable car ride to Vogel that offer a beautiful view of the Lake and the Alps. We return to the hotel late in the afternoon/ early evening.
LIPICA STUD FARM – HAM DRYING FACILITY – SEČOVLJE SALT PANS - PIRAN - PORTOROŽ
Morning pick up at the hotel and drive towards the Lipica Stud Farm, famous for the white Lipizzaner horses that are bred and trained there, and take part in the guided tour of the farm or even see the Riding School of the Lipica Stud Farm in action. Next stop is the ham-drying facility, where we see the production of the famous Slovenian dried-ham – prosciutto. Tasting of Karst dry-cured ham ‘’pršut’’ with a glass of local red wine ‘’Teran’’. Then we will visit Sečovlje Salt Pans, the largest Slovenian salt evaporation pond to know everything about the salt harvesting. The salt works have been active since the 13th century. Nowadays, the salt production is carried on in order to preserve natural and cultural heritage. Our next stop is Piran, Slovenian Adriatic treasure, which is considered to be one of the most authentic and most photogenic towns on the Adriatic coast. It resembles a large open-air museum with its medieval architecture and its rich cultural heritage. Narrow streets and compact houses give the town its unique charm, while giving you a chance to admire the Venetian architecture. Exploring city main attractions: Tartini square, Church of St George, Minorite monastery, city walls. After the city tour we will have some free time in Piran or Portorož to enjoy a drink or a dinner by the sea. Return to hotel in the late evening.
GORIŠKA BRDA – TOLMIN GORGES – SOČA VALLEY - KOBARID
Morning pick up at the hotel for a trip to the Soča Valley and the wine region of Goriška brda. Passing Nova Gorica we arrive at Goriška brda. Visit the lookout tower (23m high with 144 steps) for a magnificent view of the wine area and in good weather views will stretch all the way to the Julian Alps, Dolomites, river Vipava and Soča Valley, Karst area, Gulf of Trieste and even the Venice Lagoon. As this is a well-known wine area with excellent wines, we visit one of the many wine cellars. While tasting some of the local wines we learn about the wine making process. Afterwards we drive to Tolmin and visit the Tolmin Gorge, where beautiful nature and water create magic colours and forms. A walk in nature, on the Emerald route, will fill you with energy. After the visit of Tolmin Gorges will be time for picnic in beautiful nature. We continue to Kobarid, where you can visit the Kobarid museum of World War I, presenting a millennium of the turbulent history of Kobarid, and you can walk up a hill from which a beautiful view of an ossuary of Italian soldiers can be seen. Soča Valley is the most beautiful region in Slovenia. We will drive to Bovec, to the small village of Soča. We will stop to do some sightseeing and refreshment at the Soča river with wonderful views of the Julian Alps. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
PODČETRTEK – OLIMIJE – CELJE – ŽALEC
Morning pick up in front of the hotel and drive towards Olimije. A small city in the southern Slovenia, known for it's thermal resorts and attractions which we will visit. First we are going to see the Chocholate factory placed in the old monastery. After, we will visit Jelenov Greben – One of the most famous deer farms in Slovenia. Free time for coffee and a lovely stroll among the deer. Afterwards we continue our journey to the Middle Ages – we visit the romantic, enticing, magnificent, dark and frightening Celje Old Castle. Finally, we visit Frederick’s Tower and enjoy a spectacular view of the city below. Following the castle tour is tour of Celje, the city famous for the Counts of Celje, who ruled on what is Slovenian territory today. Time for lunch. Afterwards we'll continue to Žalec. We can visit the Eco-Museum of Hop-Growing and Brewing Industry (optional). There, we taste a unique beer, brewed from the local hops. Our final stop is first beer fountain in the world, where enjoy the day tasting different Slovenian beers from your own beer mug, made by renowned designer Oskar Kogoj. We return to the hotel late in the afternoon/ early evening.
PS: On our way back to Ljubljana, we will make a short stop in Trojane where you can try the most famous Slovenian Doughnutts.
PTUJ – MARIBOR – POHORJE HILLS
A trip to the oldest documented town of Slovenia, Ptuj, begins by sightseeing the town centre of a historically important settlement, and continues with a stop at its ancient castle. In the castle takes place a Regional museum with numerous interesting collections, tapestries and small everyday objects once used by our ancestors. It also offers a breath-taking view of the city. Our next stop will be the second largest town of Slovenia and the capital of the Slovenian region of Lower Styria, Maribor. There, we take a walk through the city centre, and admire landmarks left behind by years of historical movements; we walk past the defense towers, the Minorite church and monastery, and the Old Vine, a Guinness Book-certified oldest grapevine in the world, which is more than 450 years old and still bears fruit. We also walk through the oldest part of the city, so-called Lent, where the biggest international and multicultural festival in Slovenia takes place annually. Our next stop are the lush green forests of the Pohorje hills, providing an unforgettable scenery in the spring, summer and fall. Come winter, it becomes a popular spot for all lovers of winter sports. We take the cable car to the Pohorje hills and enjoy the view of the city below. Time for picnic in beautiful nature. Drive back to Maribor and return to the hotel in late afternoon / early evening.
LENDAVA, BOGOJINA, FILOVCI, MURSKA SOBOTA
With the watchtower Vinarium Lendava you will be able to see the landscapes of 4 different countries at once. The tower, standing 53.3 meters tall, offers an incredible 360° view of the colorful landscape that stretches from the settlement of Lendavske Gorice all the way to the river basin of Mura, and encompasses a wonderful view of the plains and hills of Slovenia, Hungary, Croatia, and Austria. Next stop at Ocean Orchids is perfect for orchids and nature lovers as it could be described as a piece of the Tropical rainforest, where it's always Summer. They offer a 350 square metres of ''jungle'' with over 900 exotic plants about one hundred different species. Alongside that, you are able to take a walk in a miniature world of tropics in their Tropical Garden, which is spread out on 1.500 m2. Next stop is Filovci, a small village that is well known for its pottery. We will visit an open-air museum of pottery occupying 1000 m2 of land. In addition, on your request, we can arrange for you to be in a pottery workshop and put your skills to the test. In Bogojina, we visit the church, work of the renowned Slovenian architect Plečnik. The locals call the distinctive building White Dove (bela golobica). Inside, the ceiling is adorned with pottery from the surrounding area. The Passero estate offers a charming mix of comfortable holidays, homeliness and cuisine. Visit their winery, where excellent and award-winning wines are produced, a renowned gourmet corner, where you can sample original retashes, homemade bread, meats, spreads, and their award-winning wines. As of recently their offer has expanded into country chocolateire Passero with high quality chocolate tablets and pralines. As the Prekmurje Region is famous for ''bograč'' goulash, we take time and taste it at local restaurant. The rich cuisine of Prekmurje offers famously delicious Prekmurska Gibanica and we will have the pleasure of trying it. We continue our trip to Babič Mill on the Mura River, a combined floating mill and the only facility of its kind in Slovenia still operating today. A special feature is an external water wheel, mounted on one of two boats, driven by a river stream. Island of Love Mill - this mill was purpose-built in the mid-1990s to preserve the region's mill heritage. You can tour the small museum here and take a ride across the Mura River on the kumpi (traditional ferry worked by pulley). The island is very well known due to its beauty and untouched nature. Return to the hotel in the late afternoon.
PRICE POLICY & DISCOUNTS:
One week in Slovenia tour price*: 694€ per person
*minimum number of people: 4
Supplement for smaller group booking sizes:**
- Group size of 3 people: 165 € per person
- Group size of 2 people: 496 € per person
Discount prices for: **
- Senior: 674€
- Youth: 636€
- Kids: 593€
- Infant: 10€
- Extra discount for bookings of 6 or more people in one category (Adult): 99€ per person
** infant bookings will not count as a booking person/ does not count for minimum number of people requirement or discounts
CANCELATION TERMS FOR THIS TOUR:
FREE CANCELATION UP TO 2 WEEKS BEFORE DEPARTURE
NOTE: THIS TOUR CAN BE CANCELED FROM OUR SIDE IN CASE THAT:
- MINUMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE REQUIRED FOR THIS TOUR IS NOT MET
- UNEXPECTED CIRCUMSTANCES (LIKE COVID 19 OUTBREAK, COUNTRY RESTRICTONS, FORCE MAJEURE EVENTS)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Professional English-speaking (other languages on request) guide/driver
- Transport by comfortable car/van
- Parking fees and fuel
- Entrance fee to Postojna Cave
- Entrance fee to Predjama Castle
- Entrance fee to Vintgar Gorge
- Funicular ride to Ljubljana Castle
- Visit of ham-drying facility and tasting of Karst dry-cured ham ‘’pršut’’ with a glass of “teran” wine
- Entrance fee to Sečovlje Salt Pans
- Admission to Piran city wall
- Entrance fee to Tolmin Gorges
- Wine tasting in Goriška Brda
- Beer tasting & beer mug at Beer Fountain in Žalec
- Entrance fee to Celje Castle
- Entrance fees: Regional Museum Ptuj
- Round trip cable car Maribor – Pohorje hills
- Watchtower Vinarium Lendava
- Ocean Orchids
- pottery in Filovci
- Babič Mill on the Mura River and Island of Love Mill
- Chocolate tasting
- Wine tasting
- Tasting the traditional soup ''bograč'' goulash
- Try Prekmurska Gibanica
- Airport Transfer's
- Personal expenses
- Ticket: “Pletna Boat” - 14 €
- Traditional food & drink picnic basket - 10€
- Savica Waterfall - 3€
- Vogel Cable car return ride - 20€
- Entrace fee to Bled Castle
- The Kobarid Museum of World War I – 7 €
- Kozjak Waterfall – 4€
- Eko Musesum Žalec